Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna Employment
Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna is seeking a full-time Construction Supervisor to help with building and renovating homes for Habitat homebuyers.
The position requires work in the field as well as in an office environment.
Key duties include: directly supervising volunteers in new home construction, remodeling and repairs; on-site safety; quality of construction & meeting schedules; create task lists & prepare work plans; scheduling & managing subcontractors; preparing job site with tools, materials & equipment; maintain accurate records.
Include ability to work with construction tools, ability to drive company vehicles to and from job sites, computer literacy, excellent communication & people skills, and at least five (5) years construction management & residential construction experience.
Work week Tuesday- Saturdays.
Please provide cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and three (3) professional references by email with CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR in the subject line, to John Battista, Chief Financial Officer, at email@example.com .
DONATION AMBASSADOR/DRIVER, ABERDEEN RESTORE
Location: Aberdeen ReStore, 1013 Beards Hill Road, Aberdeen
Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna (HFHS) builds safe, affordable homes in partnership with its sponsors, partner families, and volunteers.
The HFHS ReStore is a nonprofit home improvement store and donation center that sells new and gently used furniture, home accessories, building materials, and appliances to the public at a fraction of the retail price. The ReStore operates by accepting donations of items from corporate businesses, retail businesses, office supply companies, home improvement store remnants, contractors and individual residential donors. The donations are then resold for the public to purchase and proceeds are put back into building more homes for families in need within Harford and Cecil Counties.
Location: Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna, Bel Air MD
Position: DONATION AMBASSADOR
Type: Part-time-2-3 days a week- at a rate of $13-$14 per hour; pay may be increased with time/experience
The Donation Ambassador supports the ReStore team in the handling of donated goods from the point of donation pick-ups out in the community through delivery to the ReStore’s receiving area and sales floor.
Most of your time will be spent picking up donations in a box truck of 14 to 26 feet or a small van. You will be a vital point of contact with our donors at their home or place of business, accepting and loading donations with a smile, occasionally managing the polite refusal of donations and providing safe transport of saleable goods to the ReStore’s processing area. You’ll build working relations with coworkers or volunteers and be able to explain to donors, customers and volunteers Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna’s mission and how the HFHS ReStore supports it. You will assist in the processing of donated items within the store and a variety of other tasks assigned as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Six months of driving, warehouse or retail experience preferred.
- This position will require the ability to repeatedly lift and move 50lbs or more during the loading, unloading and processing of donations and the willingness to be outdoors picking up donations in a variety of weather conditions.
- Work with a variety of people of ethnic, religious, gender, different capabilities and diverse backgrounds, and have the ability to lead, teach or supervise others while completing the tasks for the day
- Ability to handle any item and move them within store/donors’ home with care without damaging personal property/purchased items/donations
- In order to be considered, applicant must have a current valid driver’s license and meet the Company driving standards. Employment is subject to background check and drug screening. Must have clean driving record and submit MVA record for past five years.
- Self-sufficient and cooperative nature
- General knowledge of Harford or Cecil county roads
- Knowledge of and commitment to the philosophy of Habitat for Humanity
- Knowledge of furniture, appliances and building materials a plus. Forklift experience and/or certification a plus. CPR/First Aid training will be provided.
Pay will start at: $13.00 per hour
How to apply
To apply, fill out application, and submit MVA driving record to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off to the Aberdeen ReStore.
Are you looking for a great entry-level service position that will positively impact your future? Consider serving with the Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna AmeriCorps team to experience a rewarding and fun year of service! You will gain new skills, learn about affordable housing and the impact it has on the surrounding communities, and gain insight to the inner workings of a non-profit organization through hands-on experience. From Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna’s inception in 1993, until today, we have served over 400 families by building 105 homes and repairing over 360. Our AmeriCorps members are an integral part of our affiliate, helping us serve more families in need of affordable housing solutions. Our home office in Bel Air, MD is situated in a suburban area, 25 minutes away from many attractions with a diverse opportunity to serve and experience a “small-town” community. Join our Habitat family and help us build better communities!
Any open positions are listed below. Please click the position title to find out more about the position details and/or apply for the position. If you have any questions, please contact John Lanigan at email@example.com or 410-638-4434 x3 Thank you!
To find out more about the AmeriCorps program, please go to this website: https://www.habitat.org/volunteer/long-term-opportunities/americorps/about